Water Haigh Colliery, Woodlesford



Water Haigh Colliery, Woodlesford

Image reference: xl01478

Description: A black and white photograph of Water Haigh Colliery, Woodlesford in the 1930s. The photograph shows the approach to the colliery, the buildings, winding gear and railway wagons, with the owners name, Briggs. The colliery closed in 1970. Internal Reference: CA YILLUS 3271

Keywords: Colliery, Winding gear, Lorry, Chimney, Field, Road

Place name(s): LS26, Woodlesford

Date(s): 1930, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940

Date added to archive: 04/08/2003

Original rights: Unknown

Permission rights: Castleford Library

Digital rights: WMDC Libraries and Information Services

Digital publisher: WMDC, Education and Cultural Services, Libraries and Information Services