Altofts Church



Altofts Church

Image reference: xl00005

Description: A black and white photograph of the Parish Church of Saint Mary Magdalene, Altofts taken from a South-East aspect. The grassy area to the fore of the picture is now occupied by housing. Altofts Parish Church dates from 1878 and is built in the Gothic style. The first vicar of this parish was Charles Henry Nield. Internal Reference: NO

Keywords: Church, Stone wall, Tree, Bush, Field

Place name(s): WF6, Altofts

Date(s): 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960

Date added to archive: 17/12/2002

Original rights: Normanton Urban District Council

Permission rights: Normanton Library

Digital rights: WMDC Libraries and Information Services

Digital publisher: WMDC, Education and Cultural Services, Libraries and Information Services

View the location of this image