The Queen's Theatre, Castleford



The Queen's Theatre, Castleford

Image reference: xl00571

Description: A black and white postcard of the Queen's Theatre, Castleford, on Jessop Street, Castleford. It opened as The Queen's Hall in 1899, became the Hippodrome in 1904 and The Queen's Theatre in 1909. In the 1920s it became the Queen's cinema. In 1959 it closed and later became a bingo hall, a DIY store and a public house and night club. Internal Reference: CA YILLUS 3043

Keywords: Road, Theatre, Sign, Advertisement

Place name(s): WF10, Castleford

Date(s): 1910, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1917, 1918, 1919, 1920

Date added to archive: 21/03/2003

Original rights: Phototype Co, Leeds

Permission rights: See disclaimer on this website

Digital rights: WMDC Libraries and Information Services

Digital publisher: WMDC, Education and Cultural Services, Libraries and Information Services

View the location of this image