Saint Peter's Church, Horbury



Saint Peter's Church, Horbury

Image reference: xl08321

Description: A black and white postcard showing Saint Peter's Church, Horbury. John Carr the Horbury architect replaced the old Norman church with his own funds. It cost £8,000 to build, plus £2,000 for an organ and bells. The Norman church dated from 1100 and was demolished in 1790 for the new church of Saint Peter and Saint Leonard which was built between 1790 and 1794. the old vicarage which was demolished in 1970 can be seen to the left of the church. Internal Reference: Private Collection

Keywords: Church, Clock, Yard, Tree, Plants, Stone wall, Lamp post, Road unsurfaced, People

Place name(s): WF4, Horbury

Date(s): 1910, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1915

Date added to archive: 22/07/2003

Original rights: Shaw of Ossett

Permission rights: See disclaimer on this website

Digital rights: WMDC Libraries and Information Services

Digital publisher: WMDC, Education and Cultural Services, Libraries and Information Services

View the location of this image